Wp-content/plugins/wordpress-23-related-posts-plugin/config.php on line 130

Hi,

I just update the latest versioen of related posts and now i am getting this wp-content/plugins/wordpress-23-related-posts-plugin/config.php on line 130 error. Does anybody now what to do?

Hi @rudolph

Thanks for reaching out to us here at sovrn support and we apologize for any issues that you are experiencing!

Since the push of the WordPress Related Posts update yesterday, we have received several concerns that it is causing errors and breakages on domains with certain customizations. We are aware of the issue and actively working with each publisher on a solution. To help our engineers investigate the problem, can you provide us with more detail about the breakage you encountered? Are you currently using any other custom settings on your site?

If you could email us directly at ea-support@sovrn.com we would love to help you troubleshoot further! Any additional information would be helpful and very much appreciated.

Best,
Sovrn Support

Same problem here. Updated yesterday and now have the white screen of death. Trying to contact my provider for FTP access so I can rename the folder and have a website again. Have been loving the plug-in since its launch out of Y Comb. Pls help!

Error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected β€˜[’, expecting β€˜)’ in /(redacted)/leanqualitysystems.com/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/zemanta/zemanta.php on line 136

We’ve found the problem.

Our latest plugin update, 3.6.4, will not work properly with sites on PHP 5.3.* or older. It requires PHP 5.4 or higher to function properly. 99.9% of our users meet this PHP requirement, but a few users are on PHP 5.3.* or older and are encountering problems.

If your site runs on the older PHP 5.3.* you can still use our previous plugin version, v3.6.3, without a problem. It can be downloaded directly from WordPress at: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-23-related-posts-plugin/advanced/

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and want to thank you all for helping us in discovering and diagnosing the problem.

Today we will update our readme to list PHP 5.4 or newer as a requirement for our future plugin updates. Additionally, we will build in functionality for the plugin that checks PHP version on activation and only allows activation to complete if the minimum PHP version is running on the site (if an older PHP version is detected, it will display a message directing users to our plugin version 3.6.3).

Thank you for your understanding and help.

Thanks for the debug, prompt response, and suggested solution! I was unaware this site was still on an older PHP. I will be working with the hosting provider to bring this up to spec, as PHP 5.6 and up is best practice these days if I am correct!

For the meantime, on this particular site, I just renamed the zemanta folder in the plug-ins directory once I obtained FTP access. That disabled the plug in and got the WP admin back.

Eric

I also want to share a article which i found helpful to fix syntax error in WordPress. Hope this may help other users to fix the syntax error: https://www.navthemes.com/wordpress-syntax-error/

Hey James,

Thanks for contributing. We will take a look!

Jordan