Rogue redirect ad (on mobile)

Hi jhgerlach, I appreciate your concern. However, I’m not sure why you’re not currently supporting sandbox attribute in iframes. It is commonly used to help prevent exactly such top-level hijacking. Google’s GPT supports this feature via their safeframe mode and so do all other ad networks that I’m aware of. Is there a particular reason why Sovrn does not support the sandbox attribute as such? We’ve experienced a flood of complaints from the ads coming through Sovrn and it seems like this one attribute would reduce the vast majority of them.

See Google’s docs for more:

https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/4578089?hl=en

Hi Again!

Thank you for the extra context. We are and have been looking into a solution like this. Our product development team are currently working on the project. Keep an eye out for announcements regarding this in the future.

Thank you!
Jordan

Yup, getting more complaints as of yesterday too.

Hello,

Please email publisher support with any details you have about the complaints you are receiving and you will receive in depth support until a solution is found. Thank you!

Jordan

You guys never reached out to me as promised so I just went ahead and added iFrame, so far so good and tested with a few mobile clients/user-agents without any issues. I’ll report back if any complaints for readers.

In our testing adding in the safeframe/sandbox attribute will block Sovrn ads. We’re at a loss at what to do currently because it seems like these ads are ramping up again. I am getting concerned that the only solution may be to block Sovrn altogether. Especially with Facebook limiting reach of sites with reports of malicious ads finding a solution to this should be of the highest concern for Sovrn right now.

Hello,

Please email publisher support with any details you have about the complaints you are receiving and you will receive in depth support until a solution is found. Thank you!

Jordan

Any news on SafeFrame/sandbox support?

Can you disable this for me? I can not figure out how to disable it