Multisize adunit

Hello,

Is it possible to create multisize adunit on Sovrn for Prebid?
I have an adunit which could accept both 300x250 & 300x600 and I want Sovrn to bid/compete for both sizes.
How could I do that ?

Thank you

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for reaching out!

To register both tags for a single ad unit, you just instantiate them as separate bidders in the Prebid adUnit object for that DFP Ad Unit. Below is a code sample that illustrates this.

var adUnits = [{ code: 'div-gpt-ad-somedfpdiv', sizes: [[300, 250], [300, 600]], bids: [{ bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '300x250 tag ID' } }, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '300x600 tag ID' } } // Add bidders for other partners the same way ] }];

Obviously, in your set up, the tagid parameters for our bidders will be the ID for that tag in Meridian.

Let me know if you have any further questions about my explanation!

Thanks,
Ted Rand

Thank you Ted.

However, when I look at the bid request parameter sent to Sovrn, I see twice the 300x600 size : “banner”:{“w”:300,“h”:600}

I think it’s sending both sizes to both ad units. Sovrn will only return the correct size for each ad unit, though.

The implementation works.

You can check our working implementation of multi-size ad units here: http://www.ancient.eu/Mesopotamia/ (just look at the source code).

Thanks for the follow-up, Ben! That is a savvy observation.

This behavior caused me some confusion a few months ago.

The value that gets sent in the bid request is always the first size in the sizes array of the Prebid code above. However, this information does not get used for auction purposes, it is only stored on our end.

As @jvdc pointed out, we will only return the correct size for the ad unit based on the tag ID.